„Online brand name protection is a critical priority for brand owners. Are you asking the right questions?“ is the rightful theme for the Dublin conference on Dec 9th.
ICANN Board Chair Dr. Stephen Crocker will be Keynote Speaker. The program features discussions on hot topics like the new gTLDs, search engine marketing and social media.
Online brand name protection is a critical priority for brand owners. With the meteoric growth of commerce, marketing and communication on the worldwide web, brand owners, legal counsel and users of the Internet are increasingly confronted with a rapidly changing landscape and an array of practical as well as legal issues and concerns such as:
- How is my brand perceived on the web?
- As 2012 will see a changing landscape on the Internet with the arrival of hundreds of new types of generic top level domains (new gTLDs), what threats and opportunities will these bring to consumers and business?
- How will existing mechanisms such as the UDRP cope? What are the new rights protection mechanisms that are contemplated? How will they affect brand owners?
- Are courts and government moving towards clarity with respect to the standards for liability of intermediaries, such as search engine and marketplace sites?
- In view of the delicate balance between promotion opportunities and the risk of backlash, how does one deal with the new social media and networking platforms?
- What are the litigation strategies for dealing with infringement in a new online environment?
Attend this advanced-level conference in Dublin, Ireland, on Friday, December 9, 2011 at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, to get answers to these questions and more from a variety of subject experts from across the globe. Learn about the changing landscape of online infringement as well as the role of the INTA Internet Committee and its work in shaping the future of the Internet.